Taco Bell Returns To Japan
Fast food chain Taco Bell returned to Japan on Tuesday, re-opening its first outlet in decades as more U.S. quick service restaurants plan to open shop in the country ahead of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
The YUM! Brands subsidiary, which sells tacos and burritos, first opened a Japanese outlet in the 1980’s but later closed it down.
Around 150 people waited in a line stretching out to the main street of Tokyo’s busy Shibuya shopping district, with some said to have camped overnight to be the first to eat tacos.
Taco Bell said it was making its second attempt to conquer the Japanese market as Mexican food was becoming increasingly popular among the younger Japanese.
At 320 yen($2.67) for a taco and 500 yen ($4.2) for a burrito, prices are slightly higher than in the United States but in line with other fast-food menu prices in Japan.
Read the story at: http://newsonjapan.com/html/newsdesk/article/112257.php
Audio below – Practice your English listening.
You can look up any new vocabulary at: http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/
- Use the suffix ~NESS to increase your English vocabulary (Fast!)
- Reported speech English grammar (Learn quickly with Video)
- How to use Good Vs Well (20 example sentences with audio)
- How to Use THAN and THEN (QUIZ and FREE Worksheet Download)
- Master 3 English Adverbs – Yet Still Already (+video)