Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn commissions when you click through the affiliate links on our website (at no extra cost to you).
New words from the story:
Listen to the story in the video below
Read the text below
Mr. and Mrs. Soto and their son Hector are at the Grand Canyon in Arizona. They are standing behind the railing and looking at the colorful walls of the canyon. The Grand Canyon was carved by the Colorado River many years ago. It is 277 miles long, 4 to 18 miles wide, and over a mile deep.
The Sotos want to learn more about the Grand Canyon. Mr. Soto and Hector want to go on a helicopter tour, but Mrs. Soto is afraid of flying. She wants to take a bus tour around the canyon. The Soto family can’t afford both tours.
What should they do?
Write your ideas in the comments!
Grammarly is great for finding and correcting spelling and grammar errors. Sign up for FREE and save time with your English writing. (I use Grammarly too. A lot!)
- Dragon Idioms – 8 Common uses (Real example sentences)
- 22 Dead/Zombie Idioms (Examples, free PDF, Real Photos!)
- The Suffix -ARY (57 Real examples + Free PDF)
- 10 Idioms with PIG (Learn FAST with pictures and examples)
- Learn The English Suffix -y (60 examples + Free PDF download)
This story is from http://www.elcivics.com/