Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn commissions when you click through the affiliate links on our website (at no extra cost to you).
New vocabulary from the story:
➤Listen to the story HERE↓
👀 Read the text below↓
Jack is a bachelor. He works in downtown Chicago as a shoe salesman.
Every morning on his way to work, Jack stops at a donut shop and buys a chocolate donut and a cup of coffee. Jack likes this morning routine because it is quick and easy.
He doesn’t have to cook breakfast or wash the dishes.
Last time Jack went to the doctor for a check-up his doctor told him that he had high cholesterol. The doctor told Jack to stop eating foods that are high in fat.
Grammarly is great for finding and correcting spelling and grammar errors. Sign up for FREE and save time with your English writing. (I use Grammarly too. A lot!)
Donuts are fried in a lot of fat.
What is your favorite breakfast?
Tell me in the comments!
- 50 Prefix DIS- Words and Example Sentences (Free PDF)
- Make Yourself at Home: 27 Common House Idioms (Free PDF)
- Metaphors Made Easy: Enhance Your Communication Skills
- The Prefix Semi: A Complete Guide (Real Examples + PDF)
- Feline Phrases: Understanding Cat Idioms (Free PDF Download)
- How to Use Adverbial Phrases like a Pro (Real Examples)
- Log in vs. Login: Which to Use? (Your Best Guide)
Story from http://www.elcivics.com/