A mouse potato is a person who spends too much time using a computer.
(It comes from the expression “Couch Potato” which describes someone who spends too much time sitting on the couch in front of the TV.)
Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries Mouse Potato
- My friend spends 10 hours a day surfing the web and watching YouTube videos. He used to be very active but now he has become such a mouse potato.
- Mandy is such a mouse potato. She’s always checking social media on her computer and never wants to go out and do anything.
- I used to be a real mouse potato, but I realized I was spending too much time in front of my computer. I have been jogging every day for the past month and I feel great.
This Idiom can be found with other helpful Rat and Mouse Idioms here >>> Worldenglishblog.com/rats-and-mice-idiom
“I’m just a potato that won’t quit. I’m a potato with some legs. Some have eyes, I’ve got legs. ”Bill Murray
My 20 most recent Idiom posts
- Make Yourself at Home: 27 Common House Idioms (Free PDF)
- Feline Phrases: Understanding Cat Idioms (Free PDF Download)
- Listen Up! Understanding the Meaning of EAR IDIOMS
- Smell a Rat – English Idiom
- Mouse Potato – English Idiom
- The Rat Race – English Idiom
- Play cat and mouse with (someone) – English Idiom
- Like A Drowned Rat – English Idiom
- (As) Poor as a Church Mouse – English Idiom
- 31 Bird Idioms (Real Example Sentences + Free 7-page PDF)
- 24 English Idioms with COLD (Video and Free PDF Download)
- 31 English Idioms with EYE (Free PDF – Real Examples)
- 14 Common Apple Idioms (Example sentences, Free PDF, Video)
- 17 Idioms With Hold, Grasp, and Grab (Real Examples + Video)
- 21 Common Dog Idioms That Native Speakers Use (Video+PDF)
- Goat and Sheep Idioms (Definitions, Real Examples, Video)
- Idioms with Rooster (Definitions, REAL Examples, Video)
- 24 Common English Idioms (Sound Like a Native)
- 16 Common Cow Idioms (REAL Examples and Video)
- 16 Common Monkey Idioms (REAL Examples and Video)