Like A Drowned Rat
This idiom is used to describe someone who is very wet and looks uncomfortable.
- Come in out of the rain! You look like a drowned rat.
- After walking home in the rain, I was soaked through and looked like a drowned rat.
- Angela arrived at the party late and completely drenched, looking like a drowned rat.
This Idiom can be found with other helpful Rat and Mouse Idioms here >>> Worldenglishblog.com/rats-and-mice-idiom
A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit!Sarah Jessica Parker
My 20 most recent Idiom posts
- Smell a Rat – English Idiom
- Mouse Potato – English Idiom
- The Rat Race – English Idiom
- Play cat and mouse with (someone) – English Idiom
- Like A Drowned Rat – English Idiom
- (As) Poor as a Church Mouse – English Idiom
- 31 Bird Idioms (Real Example Sentences + Free 7-page PDF)
- 24 English Idioms with COLD (Video and Free PDF Download)
- 31 English Idioms with EYE (Free PDF – Real Examples)
- 14 Common Apple Idioms (Example sentences, Free PDF, Video)
- 17 Idioms With Hold, Grasp, and Grab (Real Examples + Video)
- 21 Common Dog Idioms That Native Speakers Use (Video+PDF)
- Goat and Sheep Idioms (Definitions, Real Examples, Video)
- Idioms with Rooster (Definitions, REAL Examples, Video)
- 24 Common English Idioms (Sound Like a Native)
- 16 Common Cow Idioms (REAL Examples and Video)
- 16 Common Monkey Idioms (REAL Examples and Video)
- Learn Common English Idioms with Stop (30 example sentences)
- Dragon Idioms – 8 Common uses (Real example sentences)
- Idioms with Snake (Double Meanings and Example sentences)