Listen to the audio and fill in the blanks. You can download a fill-in-the-blanks printable PDF HERE.
Samsung unveils new smartwatch
Samsung has entered the newly-emerging smartwatch ______ by unveiling its multi-function timepiece, the Galaxy Gear. It is a digital watch with a _____.
Wearers can make telephone calls, receive emails and take _______. It can also run dozens of Android apps on its 1.6-inch _____. Users navigate through different screens and ______ using swipes.
What’s more, it comes in a range of _______ colors that add a sci-fi feel to its stainless steel ______. The device will be on sale from September 25th and it comes with a $299 ____ tag.
Samsung beat its main competitor Apple to the market. Industry insiders expect Apple to reveal details of its smartwatch _____ a week or two. Analysts have had mixed _______ to the Galaxy Gear.
Jack Gold of J. Gold Associates suggests the product is _______. He said Samsung would need to price it at under $100 to get mass-market_______. He added: “At $300, that’s probably as much as most people will pay for a phone _____.”
Independent analyst Jeff Kagan said the Gear “is another step into the _____” and that Samsung continues to “push the innovation envelope.” He ______ it would be as popular as Samsung’s smartphones and tablets. A Samsung ________ said:
“We have created something incredible. You don’t need to get your phone out ______. Gear takes the entirety of your digital _____ and places it right where you can see.”
Check your answers by seeing the whole story HERE.
Learn English for FREE!
Get an awesome English PDF in your inbox every week for 9 weeks.
My 5 newest, awesome English blog posts
- Quickly Learn vocabulary – Root words with prefixes and suffixes (Video+PDF)Increase your English vocabulary with this simple technique. I use this technique with my private students here in Japan. Increase English vocabulary with Prefixes and …
- Use Olympic vocabulary correctly – Qualify/QualifiedThe 2020 Tokyo summer Olympics began on July 23rd, 2021. The Olympics are one year behind schedule due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus. They …
- How to use English Adjectives – Fact or Opinion? (PDF + video)English Adjectives Fact or Opinion In English, we use adjectives to describe nouns. The adjective we use can be a FACT (red) or an OPINION …
- Each or Every – Choose correctly every time (2021)My students often wonder – Should I use Each or Every? It’s a great question! I did some research and made this lesson to answer …
- Advanced news story – Improve your vocabularyImprove your vocabulary with an advanced news story This is a blog post that I wrote in 2014 with vocabulary for advanced English students. The …