There are many hot places in the world. I often talk about how about how hot Tokyo is in the summer, but many of my blog readers live in places much hotter.
We learned superlatives (most, biggest, strongest etc.) in another post. (Link below)
I did some research for this blog to find the hottest place in the world. I was surprised by what I found! Can you guess where the hottest temperature has ever been recorded? The middle East? South America? I guessed Africa but…..
The answer is in California! A place called Death Valley, part of the Mojave desert.
According to Wikipedia:
“The hottest air temperature ever recorded in Death Valley was 134 °F (57 °C) on July 10, 1913.” This is the hottest atmospheric temperature ever recorded on earth. That’s hot!!!!! *Atmospheric temperature = the temperature of the air.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Valley
Death Valley is also the lowest, driest, and hottest area in North America.
What is the average temperature during your county’s summer? In your country is summer in July or January? Which hemisphere do you live in? (Read my post here to learn what a hemisphere is.)
- Reported speech English grammar (Learn quickly with Video)
- How to use Good Vs Well (20 example sentences with audio)
- How to Use THAN and THEN (QUIZ and FREE Worksheet Download)
- Master 3 English Adverbs – Yet Still Already (+video)
- How to use THERE and IT (Learn the grammar w/video)