Going to the Dentist
Listen to the simple story about James’ trip to the dentist. Learn new words and answer some questions to improve your English listening skills. Share your ideas and tell me how to solve the problem in the story.
Learn the new words with custom pictures below.
New words from the story:
Listen to the story HERE
James is at the dentist’s office today because he has a toothache on the right side of his mouth. He bought some medicine at the drug store, but the pain didn’t stop. His last dental check-up was six years ago. James is afraid of dentists. An x-ray technician took x-rays of his teeth. He has three cavities. The dentist is drilling two of the cavities, but he will have to pull out the tooth that has the third cavity. That cavity is so large that it can’t be filled. That is also the tooth that is causing the pain. Every time the dentist starts the drill, James clenches with fear. The dentist told him to relax, but he can’t. What can he do? How can he relax?
- Use the suffix ~NESS to increase your English vocabulary (Fast!)
- Reported speech English grammar (Learn quickly with Video)
- How to use Good Vs Well (20 example sentences with audio)
- How to Use THAN and THEN (QUIZ and FREE Worksheet Download)
- Master 3 English Adverbs – Yet Still Already (+video)