Going to the Dentist
New words from the story:
➤Listen to the story HERE↓
Do you want to learn real English that native speakers use?
👀 Read the text below↓
James is at the dentist’s office today because
he has a toothache on the right side of his mouth. He
bought some medicine at the drug store, but the pain
didn’t stop. His last dental check-up was six years ago.
James is afraid of dentists.
An x-ray technician took x-rays of his teeth.
He has three cavities. The dentist is drilling two of
the cavities, but he will have to pull out the tooth that
has the third cavity. That cavity is so large that it
can’t be filled. That is also the tooth that is causing the pain.
Every time the dentist starts the drill, James clenches with fear. The dentist told him to relax, but he can’t.
What can he do? How can he relax?
Check out these other great blog posts!
- How to use During and While – Confusing English (Video)
- How to use Double negatives (English grammar)
- Autumn Or Fall? Names Of The 4 Seasons (English Vocabulary)
- How to use THERE and IT (Learn the grammar w/video)
- Correctly use UNLESS – AS LONG AS (learn quickly w/Audio)
Was this post helpful for you? Please leave a comment and share with the buttons below!