T0 and FOR
We use the words TO and FOR to show a reason for our actions
TO is used with verbs – I came to eat lunch.
I bought this computer to give to my daughter.
FOR is used with nouns – I came for lunch.
I bought this computer for my daughter.
A video version of my original TO and FOR infographic. I hope it’s helpful!
Fill out the form below to subscribe to my English Newsletter and get your FREE copy of my e-book – 5 Simple English Communication Tips
Check out these other great blog posts!
- English basics – Articles A, An and The
- English prepositions IN, AT, ON
- Although Though Even Though (English grammar)
- Learn English FREE! (E-book with audio, newsletter + lots more!)
- Verb and noun pairs with examples (audio+PDF)