T0 and FOR
We use the words TO and FOR to show a reason for our actions
TO is used with verbs – I came to eat lunch.
I bought this computer to give to my daughter.
FOR is used with nouns – I came for lunch.
I bought this computer for my daughter.
A video version of my original TO and FOR infographic. I hope it’s helpful!
Fill out the form below to subscribe to my English Newsletter and get your FREE copy of my e-book – 5 Simple English Communication Tips
Check out these other great blog posts!
- Present perfect continuous – English Grammar PDF
- 6 English Phrasal verbs with CUT (17 examples)
- What is Groundhog Day? (w/ English Audio)
- Learn English from TV (A complete guide)
- Rats and Mice idioms (2020 The year of the Rat)