New vocabulary from the story:
➤Listen to the story HERE↓
👀 Read the text below↓
Jack is a bachelor. He works in downtown Chicago as a shoe salesman.
Every morning on his way to work, Jack stops at a donut shop and buys a chocolate donut and a cup of coffee. Jack likes this morning routine because it is quick and easy.
He doesn’t have to cook breakfast or wash the dishes.
Last time Jack went to the doctor for a check-up his doctor told him that he had high cholesterol. The doctor told Jack to stop eating foods that are high in fat.
Donuts are fried in a lot of fat.
What’s your favorite breakfast?
Tell me in the comments!
FREE English newsletter
Get awesome English PDFs and more right in your inbox!
- Reported speech English grammar (Learn quickly with Video)Reported speech English grammar Direct quoteKyle said, “I will be busy tonight.”Sharing informationKyle said he will be busy tonight. We use reported speech to share …
- How to use Good Vs Well (20 example sentences with audio)Good Vs Well – Simple answer. Good is an adjective so it will be used to modify nouns. – The movie was really good. (Movie …
- How to Use THAN and THEN (QUIZ and FREE Worksheet Download)Than or Then In 2006 I moved to Japan to study martial arts and I have been teaching English as a second language ever since. …
- Master 3 English Adverbs – Yet Still Already (+video)A basic guide YET – if something hasn’t happened but you expect it to happen The new cafe on Front Street is very popular. I …
- How to use THERE and IT (Learn the grammar w/video)English grammar THERE and IT Here is a simple breakdown of the English grammar for THERE and IT. We use the adverb THERE with the …