New vocabulary from the story:
➤Listen to the story HERE↓
👀 Read the text below↓
Jack is a bachelor. He works in downtown Chicago as a shoe salesman.
Every morning on his way to work, Jack stops at a donut shop and buys a chocolate donut and a cup of coffee. Jack likes this morning routine because it is quick and easy.
He doesn’t have to cook breakfast or wash the dishes.
Last time Jack went to the doctor for a check-up his doctor told him that he had high cholesterol. The doctor told Jack to stop eating foods that are high in fat.
Donuts are fried in a lot of fat.
What’s your favorite breakfast?
Tell me in the comments!
FREE English newsletter
Get awesome English PDFs and more right in your inbox!
- How to use During and While – Learn FAST! (Video too)Use this English grammar correctly in natural conversation.
- Much or Many? Easy English grammar w/Video (2021)Much Much is used with uncountable nouns like smoke, water, money “There is too much smoke in this restaurant.” Many Many is used with plural …
- UNLESS or AS LONG AS? (Learn FAST with ⚞Audio⚟)In today’s blog post learn how to use the conjunction unless and the expression as long as in natural conversation. Use this English grammar like …
- Learn How to use LEND and BORROW (with Video)Learn to use the English verbs “Lend” and “Borrow” correctly in natural conversation. This post also contains a video. Watch it to review the lesson …
- There IS or There ARE – Easy to understand (PDF download)The chart below is a quick guide to help you decide if you need to use There IS or There ARE. Keep reading the post …