I wrote this post at 12:25 PM in Tokyo, but the time may be different where you live. Different places around the world have different times and dates.
These different areas of time are called time zones in English. Canada has 5 time zones but Japan only has 1. My family in Canada is in a time zone that is 12 or 13 hours earlier than Tokyo. (I guess I live in the future…)
Can you guess how many times there are in the world? More than 15? Less than 20?
There are 24 times zones in the world. 🌎🌍🌏
time zone Definition from Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries
What time zone do you live in? Do you travel? If you fly across time zones you may suffer from a condition we call jet lag in English.
jet-lag – the feeling of being tired and slightly confused after a long plane journey, especially when there is a big difference in the time at the place you leave and that at the place you arrive in
jet-lag Definition from Oxford Learner’s Dictionaries
I’m still suffering from jet lag after my trip to Australia.
The 2020 Summer Olympics are in Japan. Which time zone is Japan? Do you have to stay up late to watch your country compete? Do you have to get up early? Do you like the Olympics?
When was the last time you experienced jet lag?
I have flown from Toronto to Sao Paulo 3 times but the time difference is only 1 hour so no jet lag. Lucky!
My 5 newest, awesome English blog posts
- Learn the difference between HOPE and WISH (An EASY Guide)The difference between HOPE and WISH The verbs HOPE and WISH both mean to want something. The difference between HOPE and WISH is that we …
- How to use During and While – Learn FAST! (Video too)Use this English grammar correctly in natural conversation.
- Much or Many? Easy English grammar w/Video (2021)Much Much is used with uncountable nouns like smoke, water, money “There is too much smoke in this restaurant.” Many Many is used with plural …
- UNLESS or AS LONG AS? (Learn FAST with ⚞Audio⚟)In today’s blog post learn how to use the conjunction unless and the expression as long as in natural conversation. Use this English grammar like …
- Learn How to use LEND and BORROW (with Video)Learn to use the English verbs “Lend” and “Borrow” correctly in natural conversation. This post also contains a video. Watch it to review the lesson …